Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Enough is Enough...

1.5 years it has taken me to get the courage to see an ENT again.
Thirteen days since I saw an ENT.
Thirteen days since I was told that my left ear and head pain is not an infection, but possibly a tumor
                  (but more likely me just being a crazy fruitcake or was so implied)
Thirteen days, four phone calls to the ENT office with only one return phone call where the person calling didn't leave her name and only left a message telling me to call them back. 
Two phone calls to them since then.
Zero return calls from them since.
Zero referrals for a CT scan..
A million tears shed today before work and after work from frustration with the horrible quality of mainstream doctors in America!!

Do I think it's a tumor? Probably not, but WHO KNOWS. I NEED A CT SCAN or MRI to figure that out and I have had cancer before that was bad enough that my abdominal lymph nodes were double their correct size.

My current ear and head pain, pressure, nastiness started about 1.5 years ago. In this time I have seen a family doctor once for a thyroid med refill and antibiotics for this problem. And I have had jaw surgery on the left side, but that was with a holistic dentist, so self-pay. So in 1.5 years, I have paid at least $3600.00 in insurance premiums for about $100.00 of treatment, what a waste! I don't think it is too much to ask an ENT to do what they say they will do and order a CT scan when I am the one paying the premiums and paying my deductible. I will be billed a co-pay to see him and my insurance is going to pay him...should I not get something for my money? IN A TIMELY MANNER?? It took 3 weeks to get the appointment and now two more weeks and no referral for a CT. COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!!!!

So today I went to see a GP. Once again a nightmare!

I feel like I am back to square one! Six years ago or something like that (I've lost count) when this freakin nightmare started. The doctors are once again writing me off as a crazy person with "facial pain" of unknown origin. Then they wonder why I am emotional. I am so sick of wasting my hard earned money on idiots!!! The one today actually said that the holistic supplement therapy that I have taken for the parasitic based infection that I had was probably a placebo effect! REALLY..!! I was on high doses of antibiotics for well over a year and all they did for me was kill all the good bacteria in my gut, give me reflux and prevent me from dying. They didn't fix anything!  I didn't start getting better until I started the supplements for parasites.  I told him that the only reason I switched to holistic was because mainstream doctors don't listen.

I am back to the point of preferring premature death over seeing another mainstream doctor ever again in my life!!   With that said, supposedly he is going to encourage the ENT to order the CT.. So I am going to have to continue to play the game.  I'm so ready to say "GAME OVER"!!

6 comments:

  1. So sorry! Praying for your journey to health to be quicker than you imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry! Praying for your journey to health to be quicker than you imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your prayers. It's been 6 years already...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been fighting osetomyelitis in my jaw for almost 6 years. It is terrible :-( hope you get some relief soon! - Alex

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been fighting osetomyelitis in my jaw for almost 6 years. It is terrible :-( hope you get some relief soon! - Alex

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm am sorry Alexandra. I hope yours ends soon and well too. It shouldn't be the battle that it is. The incompetence of the doctors make the fight, well an unnecessary fight.

    ReplyDelete