Friday, March 25, 2011

I saw the dentist about my right lower jaw. The dentist said there was most likely a problem with a tooth and referred me to the endodontist. The endodontist said the tooth is fine even though it's missing a cusp. "May be food is just getting down in it". Well packing food, even food particles cause infection. So I have thought it over. I know it's a problem, so I still want it extracted. I think a lot of my residual problems will go away. So waiting for the dentist to call, so I can proceed. I saw the ID doc this week too. He switched me off of IV antibiotics to amoxcillin 3000mg/day + Probenecid to enhance the effects of the Amoxcillin. He thinks he can get higher doses of it in me with less side effects. The PICC line was removed today..yay. I'm looking forward to taking a shower with both arms! Amoxcillin seems to work well. My jaw and cheek bone no longer hurt, but the right side of my face is really swollen. I may start sleeping with ice on it again and taking anti-inflammatories to see if the swelling will go away. I'll see the ID doc in 3 weeks and my plan of care will be reviewed and changed as needed at that point.


3 comments:

  1. I hope things go well for you. I've been having this same Jaw problem for about 5 years now and nothig. I just really hope they can cure it. My best wishes !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that you have it too. Thank you for the wishes..I hope you can find answers soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know it's a late reply, I haven't been on here for a long time due to ongoing frustrations. I don't understand your comment, do you care to elaborate.

    ReplyDelete