Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday, Feb 11, 2011..I went to see my family doctor yesterday just to touch base with him and keep him in the loop. I hadn't seen him in a few weeks. I gave him the contact information for Dr. Brust, the infectious disease doctor and he called him. They pow-wowed and my GP texted me today. He gave me the go ahead to go to San Diego for the surgical debridement and biopsy that I need. I called Dr. Berger's office in San Diego and left a message, waiting for a return call to schedule the surgery. Will see the ID doc on Mon and discuss this treatment plan and the post op care. Until then I am to stay off the antibiotics so that an accurate biopsy can be completed during the debridement. Actually not doing as bad as I expected I would be at this point almost 2 weeks off of the antibiotics. They must have helped more than I thought. However, some symptoms have returned. My face is quite swollen, submandibular gland is swollen, especially on the right. I have dizzy episodes and almost fall over backwards. My jaw is very sore on the right (upper and lower), the roof of my mouth hurts, ear, cheek bone and side of head hurts moderately, I'm a little tired, I have 2 abscesses that are draining bitter, nasty stuff in my mouth and my memory is terrible..but I have felt a whole lot worse and expected to be a lot worse than I am. Every day a few more symptoms come back and don't know if it will be a week or 2 before the surgery...will see how it goes..


No comments:

Post a Comment