Tuesday, February 1, 2011

So I saw Dr Marx today in Miami at Jackson Medical Center. It's been a while since I have seen the "good ole boys club" at work. A resident took my history. Nice good looking young guy. I could here him half ass give it to the doctor in a different room. The doctor looked at my radiology reports and films. Then came in the room with several interns, residents etc. I felt like a lab rat in an open topped cage surrounded by vultures. Dr. Marx looked in my mouth and felt around. Asked a few questions, then sat down with my history that I had written out since it is so complex. I watched him start to read the history, while we continued to talk about it. He got to the second page where Dr Sachs said I had fibromyalgia or neuralgia in my face. He stopped reading. He fixated. It occurred to me that all the oral surgeons in south Florida might know each other. And then Dr. Marx said "I had a diagnosis in my mind before I even came in here- neuralgia". So I asked him "So why does my face swell and all my symptoms increase when I stop antibiotics?" He said "Why do you stop the antibiotics?" and never answered my question. I said so that I can see doctors and actually have symptoms that they will notice. And I told him that a neurologist ruled out neuralgia on Friday and he really had nothing to say. There were a few more words. He said what do you suggest..like I was one of the interns and I said "exploratory surgery". I saw a resident agree and then the doctor said "I wouldn't recommend it" and then he walked out. His staff was completely dumbfounded. They didn't know why he was acting weird either. One of his regular staff apologized for his behavior and I called him an arrogant bastard etc, plenty loud enough that I am sure he heard. So I came home angry by his complete arrogance and incompetence. I looked up SWFL Oral and Facial Surgery Center in Fort Myers, website. Side note DON"T EVER go there, horrible oral surgeons IMO! (See history for more info). Dr Sachs did his residency at Jackson Hospital in Miami (42 years ago). Dr. Marx is up there in age too. Also there is a south Florida Oral Maxillofasial surgeon society or something like that..so ...you tell me it wasn't a good ole boys issue. It was definitely a biased evaluation that did not include all the facts and left the interns in the room with there jaws hanging open. I've gotten really good at firing back at arrogant doctors. Ultimately it doesn't accomplish much. Hopefully I've at least irritated them as much as they annoy me. I am a physical therapist and I don't care if my best friend physical therapist says you have sciatica and I think you have a hamstring problem. I'm going to do my own assessment and if I think it's the hamstrings still, I'm going to treat the hamstrings. It's still my reputation and responsibility! So I continue to explore the internet..it took about a whole may be 3 min online and I find that Dr. Marx is the organizer of a symposium in April 2011. His first guest speaker. Dr. Joel Berger. The doctor I want to go to in San Diego. So is the good ole boys club going to stop me from getting the care I need in San Diego? If he changes his position I am going to have to find legal help. Not sure how that's going to fix my mouth. I may have to resort to digging the dang bone out with the end of a potato peeler.....So I called San Diego today, the office was closed. Will try again tomorrow. See ID doctor tomorrow too. Will be refreshing to see someone that believes me and doesn't belong to the club...(little did I know at that time was Dr. Brust, the ID doctor was just as bad or worse than the others). (These doctors are what is wrong with healthcare in America today, pure incompetence in my 1st amendment right opinion!!!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment