Friday, February 18, 2011

Scheduled surgical debridement and biopsy for Wed, Feb 24, 2011. Crazy day today..I stopped at my storage unit to grab my suitcase. The code to the building wouldn't work..apparently the code has been changed. Then 50% of my patient's were incredibly intense. And then Dr. Berger's office calls today and told me they were having trouble scheduling the surgery, because I was already scheduled for a procedure at 7:30 am that Wed and you can't have two surgeries in one day. I suppose someone may have tried it before, but at least give me the benefit of the doubt...So then they said, what else are you having done and I said "nothing I'm aware of, but there are several Danielle's in the country". So the anesthesiology people call me a few hours later from the hospital with the same question. Which Danielle are you? Well I had a tonsillectomy in first grade, so I'll pass on a re-do thanks. So then she says "okay I guess I'll delete that one" and I was like "no NO you can't delete someone elses surgery". So I was inadvertently given enough info to be able to call the other Danielle's doctor's office. Fortunately despite having a very common name he was easy to locate. His office was grateful and called the hospital. And currently things appear to be corrected in the computer....whew... so now to get packed and paper work done... I think it's almost a full moon..really that is the only thing that could explain today.


No comments:

Post a Comment