Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Wednesday:

Today's excitement included going to see the infectious disease doctor.  He asked how yesterday at Dr. Marx office went and I informed him that it was a diagnosis based on the good ole boys club.  He said he was surprised that  I had picked up on it and that it was rampant in the medical/dental field.

He also instructed me to go off the antibiotics for 2 weeks and then have blood work.  Then we will go from there.  He also informed me that he was going to call Dr. Marx.  I'd have loved to have been a bug on the wall during that call.  He also advised against calling Dr. Berger in San Diego. (This was the beginning of Dr. Brust's decline in care).

A follow up appointment was scheduled for Feb 14, 2011.

So I left his office and called San Diego.  It can take up to two weeks to get an insurance authorization for the surgery and I wanted to make sure that Dr. Berger is his own person. His office told me that I have nothing to worry about as Dr. Berger is his own person. He will look at the reports that come in, but stand by his own opinion.  That was a great relief and I hope that holds.  I've been told stuff like this before and then surprise..the person fails you.  So I hope that's not the case.  The insurance authorization process has been initiated.  It is refreshing to talk to kind people that appear to care..hope it stays that way!!

Saturday....I'm not normally this belligerent..well yes I am, but I have been off the antibiotics for 3 days and already my face is much more swollen.  In 4 more days, I am going to be really sick and my face really swollen.  By Feb 14th I'm going to be very ill, but still have to work.

I will NOT go back to the University of Miami to Dr. Marx.  That facility was filthy and  Dr. Marx doesn't like me too well.  Why would I let him near me with a knife??  That would be really stupid.  I would think he would have better ethics being a man of his supposed caliper, but he already proved to me that he has none!!

So for now I am going to take a picture every morning and night and document how I feel every day.  I will give that to the ID doctor at my next appt Feb 14, 2011. 


No comments:

Post a Comment